Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Progress Thus Far...

I'll keep it short and sweet. Well, not so sweet... I don't think any of this is sweet. It's sour and nasty and yucky. Bleh.
Yesterday I got up in the wee hours of the morning to attend a 'crutches training session' at my Physical Therapists... good times right? Wrong. I don't like crutches. I got a shin splint in my left leg and started feeling the dysplasia in my left hip. (Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I have two dysplastic hips.. woo!) Now I know how to enter and exit cars, climb stairs, turn around, go backwards, balance... etc. I also got a new workout routine. Huzzah!
So in the corner of my room next to my shiny new crutches there is a grabber (like those cool ones from the Discovery store with shark heads for the grabbing part, but not as cool because it's for grown-ups. Ugh.) and there is also a long armed scrubber thing for the bath. I feel like a cripple already. (Again it is mature blue and white. I need a scrubber with some pizzazz! Come on, seriously.)
Teachers have set up desks for me in their rooms for when I am in a wheelchair, and I have extra sets of text books so I don't have to worry about having a top locker. (Props to my school counselor, she is amazing for helping me this much.)

Quote to ponder: "Being loved deeply by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu

No comments: